The flotilla of ships carrying 10,000 tons of humanitarian aid for Palestinians in blockaded Gaza was attacked last night by the Israeli navy. Commandos boarded the ships, which had put up no resistance, and massacred 19 unarmed civilians. The ships had been waiting in international water for months.
Prime Minister Netanyahu has called off Tuesday’s scheduled meeting with Obama, voicing full support for the navy’s actions – probably to prevent Obama from canceling first.
The White House said in a written statement that the United States “deeply regrets” the loss of life and injuries and was working to understand the circumstances surrounding this “tragedy.” Huffpo story
In other words, Obama is scratching his head, asking Rahm, “WTF were they thinking?”
The Israeli justification for murdering all those people is that they were attacked after they stormed the ship without justification. They did indeed seize the other ships uneventfully, and all have been towed to port.
So why did they seize the ships, which were moored in international waters? They wanted the goods and the ships. It was an official act of piracy.
How will the mainstream media manage to suppress this? Do you suppose this will show up on Fox News?
The folks at Media Matters, challenged by media suckups like Andrew Klavan of the LA Times to find a single bad thing that Limbaugh ever said, have been listening diligently to his broadcasts so we don’t have to!
But first, let’s look at the Limbaugh List, so you can see the background on some of the things he is documented to have said.
The LIMBAUGH LIST:
1. I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.
2. You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.
3. Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?
4. Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.
5. Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.
6. The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.
7. They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?
8. Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller).
9. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.
10. Limbaugh has called Obama a ‘halfrican American’ has said that Obama was not black but Arab because Kenya is an Arab region, even though Arabs are less than one percent of Kenya. Since mainstream America has become more accepting of African-Americans, Limbaugh has decided to play against its new racial fears, Arabs and Muslims. Despite the fact Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law school, Limbaugh has called him an ‘affirmative action candidate.’ Limbaugh even has repeatedly played a song on his radio show ‘Barack the Magic Negro’ using an antiquated Jim Crow era term for black a man who many Americans are supporting for president.
Finally let me add that during the 2006 election, Limbaugh thought that Sherrod Brown was African American based on his name and he accused the Democrats in Ohio of being behind his candidacy because he was black. To this day, not a single reporter ever confronted Limbaugh about this.
There we go. Now for the latest.
Limbaugh: Gordon Brown, I told you that—you know, yesterday, this is Fox—no, take it back, it was PMSNBC. They were doing a story, an advance story on the G-20. And, uh, this was before they started running stories on the countdown to Air Force One’s touchdown at Stanstead in England.
Air Force One to touch down soon! (pants like an excited little puppy dog)
Barack Obama to deplane soon! (pants like an excited little puppy dog)
Prior to doing those reports, they actually were having a discussion, and they had the uh chyron uh headline at the bottom of the screen “Can Obama save the world economy?”
“Can Obama save the world economy?” Here’s Gordon Brown, finally got his joint press conference with Obama, and a portion of his opening remarks:
“I want to thank you for your leadership, your vision, and your courage, which you’ve already shown in your Presidency, and congratulate you on the dynamism, the energy, and indeed, the achievements that you have been responsible for. Your first 70 days in office have changed America, and you’ve changed America’s relationship with the world.”
So here, here is a full-fledged committed global socialist praising the President of the United States for all of his achievements in the first 70 days. A global socialist happy with the changes Obama has made. And uh you have uh changed America’s relationship with the world, which is why all of the losers that are make up the bank protesters are breaking bank windows. (wheezes) But the slobbering—the slobber—this guy, folks, I’m telling you, he, if he keeps this up throughout the G-20, Gordon Brown will come down with anal poisoning and may die from it.
Limbaugh should know. If somebody pulls the plug out of his ass, his brains will fall out.
I’ve been reading this one so much this morning that I had to check to see if I posted on it already. Nope, so here goes.
In an interview on CBS, McCain was asked about the relationship between the escalation, err…”surge”, and how this was related to the “Anbar Awakening”, which has resulted in Shia and Sunni leaders working together for peace.
There are opinions. There are lots of right answers, and there are lots of wrong answers. McCain got this one completely wrong, and CBS edited it it out for him and made up a new answer for him out of cutting-floor footage.
But we have the original here in a little Keith Olberman YouTube. Enjoy! If you can’t enjoy, get mad as hell and do something about it. We do not need yet another incompetent puppet in the White House. Don’t forget, McCain has said if he is in the White House, Dick Cheney will be working for his Administration.
George Bush will be speeding through European capitals next week in his inimitable style (hopefully not running down anyone this time). He clearly thinks he is working on his legacy, but they have no such illusions. He’s irrelevant there, like a constitutional monarch. A lame duck. They’re looking ahead to the next President, who they think will be more favorable on issues that are important to Europe.
The bar has been pretty low lately. Good luck if McCain is elected. He doesn’t seem to be much brighter than Bush at this point, and he is every bit as much a war-monger. But a lot of Europeans seem to be getting excited over the possibility of an Obama presidency. Me, too.
The trip is not expected to yield any new deals.
No, really? Gosh, you can’t trust him, anyway. A deal with George Bush is a deal with the devil.